Every month since November 2007 I have written an income report which documents all the methods I have used to make money over the past month, I do this because I want to help people to make money online like I do and believe that showing people what I earn is the best way to get them interested and inspired to try it themselves. Unlike other blogs I will list EVERY method that pays me, whether it is big Bucks or only a couple of Cents.
When I first started this I made just over $5 in my first month, now although I don’t put in as many hours as I should I am making around $1,000+ in what could be considered “spare time”.
Visitor Count & Page Impressions
The unique visitor count for May stands at 411, which is a massive decrease of 884 from the month of April.
The page impression count for May stands at 931, which is a big decrease of 4,610 from the month of April.
– Due to my lack of new content and not promoting the blog you can see how the blog has been free-falling in traffic over the past few months. As soon as I get my major project out of the way I can start devoting more time to this blog, hopefully that won’t be too much longer.
Show Me The Money!
Advertising = $40.75 (+$31.65)
Bidvertiser = $0.01 (-$0.02)
CPMFun = $0.03 (+$0.02)
Fidelity Media (AdJuggler) = $0.04 (-$0.01)
Forum Posting = $28.83 (+$28.83)
Freelance Writing = $724.21 (+$7.61)
Paid Guest Posts = $50.00 (-$25.00)
Smowtion = $0.04 (+/-$0.00)
Sponsored Posts = $5.00 (-$40.00)
Sponsored Social Media Posts = $7.00 (+$3.00)
UnderDog = $0.07 (+$0.07)
Yahoo Bing Network = $0.44 (-$1.04)
Total = $856.42 (+$4.91)
– Due to the amount of redirects they are causing I am going to slowly remove ALL third party advertising on my blog, it isn’t fair to my visitors and I wasn’t earning much from them anyway.
– My new blog/project is taking longer than I initially thought and thus this blog has had to take a longer back-seat than I originally intended it to. My new date is the end of June.
– I had a rather bad abscess in my mouth that turned me into the Elephant Man and thus I could get no work done due to the amount of pain I was in, thankfully it has now gone but I had to have a tooth removed to allow the abscess to be dealt with and more teeth need to come out at a later date!
– As I mentioned earlier I am going to slowly fade out the 3rd party ads on my blog, the amount of redirects being displayed by them all is beyond ridiculous and no amount of complaining and reporting is making a difference, it isn’t fair to my visitors and I wasn’t making that much with them anyway, much prefer replacing them with referral ads or affiliate ads.
Top Five Search Term
I like this part of the monthly income report. It is amazing how people find this blog on search engines.
1. blog income report april 2014
2. how to enjoy yourself without spending money
3. how to make money online?
4. income report – march & april 2014
5. most successful buisness in history
– Although I like to think they were directed to my blog because it was a fantastically successful busines, I think the people looking for most “successful buisness in history” were directed due to a guest post I published. 🙂
Popular Posts of the Month
1. April 2014 Blog Income Report
2. March 2014 Blog Income Report
3. Google AdSense Bans Publishers So They Don’t Have To Pay Them?
4. Zombie Alert! Avoid “Zombie” Savings Accounts
5. Encash (YES-secure) Flips the Sign to Closed
5 Top Site Referrals
The top five sites that sent the most visitors to this blog.
– Please note I do not count search engines in this.
– CPMFun came top because I ran a small campaign with the funds I had earnt through them as a publisher.
This blog (and many others) is hosted by those very nice folks over at BlueHost, who not only do a fantastic job of running a top notch professional hosting service, but they manage to do it for a VERY low price of $4.95 a month. If you are looking for a new host then why not check them out today?