On the whole 2012 had been a good year for me in terms of making money online as I had made over $2000 more than I did in 2011, but if I thought I was going to carry on the great work from December and carry it into 2013 than I was in for a massive bombshell. January saw me make only HALF as much as I did in December.
I did more work than I have done in a long time and I even went back over the number several times just to make sure I had not made a counting error, sadly I haven’t.
Plans for the February
– I have discovered another site that pays you to create forum posts so I might join that and see if I can increase my income in that field, but only if I have the time.
– I intend to start increasing my workload in passive income by publishing more articles on revenue share sites. I’ll aim for two a week to start with and see how things turn out.
Visitor Count & Page Impressions
The unique visitor count for January stands at 1,273, which is a nice increase of 507 from the month of December.
The page impression count for January stands at 2,968, which is a healthy increase of 1,240 from the month of December.
This means that each unique visitor looked at 2.33 pages.
– I did absolutely no blog comment promoting this month and instead decided to concentrate on forum posting, which although takes a bit more time I think you can see that it is already drawing some promising results.
Show Me The Money
Adbrite = $0.43 (-$0.17)
CPMFun = $0.08 (+$0.03)
Fidelity Media (AdJuggler) = $0.13 (-$0.03)
Forum Posting = $55.39 (+$33.74)
Freelance Writing = $400.00 (-$69.45)
Loan Repayments – $0.76 (-$0.02)
Passive Income = $22.92 (+$8.81)
Private Advertising = $0.00 (-$10.00)
PulsePoint (AdsDaq) = $0.24 (+$0.21)
Savings Account = $0.00 (-$0.06)
Smowtion = $0.83 (+$0.78)
Sponsored Posts = $92.50 (-$328.50)
TLA = $0.00 (-$4.00)
Underdog Media = $0.18 (readded)
Total = $573.46 (-$487.06)
– As I mentioned earlier it hit me like a brick when I realised I had dropped so much money this month. I worked more this month than I have since I started the blog, not just this blog but also freelance writing, I’m not going to let it put me off though.
– As reported on this blog Adbrite is closing down so I have removed them and replaced them with Adsense, let’s see if I can make anything with them.
– I re-added Underdog Media again and they actually paid me something!
– Forum posting is something that Is fast becoming one of my favourite things to do to earn money, especially in the evenings when I have a few hours to kill, I used to play Facebook games, what a fool I was!
Top Five Search Terms
I like this part of the monthly income report. It is amazing how people find this blog on search engines.
2. blog and income report: december 2012
3. holiday”text link ads”
4. informal business meetings
5. leave a comment”online marketing”
– I’m not sure how long I will be including this in my report because Google has a policy of not providing data on keywords if the person is signed into one of their Google sites, this month 66.37% of my keywords were hidden.
Popular Posts of the Month
1. Keep Up The Profitability Of Business With Boise Search Engine Optimization
2. December 2012 Blog Income Report
3. Guest Post / How Social Media Helps In Promotion
4. Tips for Writing a Search Engine Friendly Page Title
5. Internet Marketing for Bricks and Mortar Businesses
5 Top Site Referrals
The top five sites that sent the most visitors to this blog.
– Google and Yahoo have dropped out of the top 10 (never mind top five) but that is not so surprising when you consider that search engine traffic only counts for 17.52% during the month.
Top 10 Commenters
his is just my little way of saying thank you to the people who take the time to comment on this blog. Without you guys it would be just me rambling away. 🙂
1. Grace Smith (6) (For replying to guest posts, take not fellow guest posters)
2. Golf Course (4)
3. Jatin Sharma (4)
4. Marbella (4)
5. Ritu Raj (4)
6. Seo Blog (4)
7. Andy werbin (3)
8. Anurag (3)
9. Colocation (3)
10. ebele (3)